In a summary report we are using a hierarchical column. We now need to link this summary report to a detail report. Challenge is while linking the two, since parameter passing does not support pass of Hierarchical columns.
Implementation – Using Hierarchical columns
In this solution option we will be using an additional hierarchical column in detail report and selection steps.
- In the detail report add the hierarchical column and hide it . Don’t exclude the column .
- Go to the selection steps , here the highlighted column is our hierarchical column.
- Edit the “Start with all members” and select the ‘override with prompt’ and select OK.
- Then click the “Then, Next Step” and keep all the members of detail level of the hierarchy column as shown here
- Save the detail report and link the summary report with detail report using an action link.
Summary report: select desired level value:
When drilling into detail report, observe selected data:
Hope this solution will help you as well when dealing with hierarchical columns.
Note: Please note this tests were done on OBIEE 188.8.131.52.1.